Rogers is increase most of their rates on March 1, 2009. Their letter announcing their new rates states "New rates: We're innovating so we can bring you leading-edge services now and in the future."
It should probably read "New rate increase: We're innovative so we can bring you leading-edge price increases now and in the future."
These rate changes will only affect those customers without a contract. The letter states "If you are currently enjoying a promotion, your discount will remain for the duration of your promotion period."
It should probably read "If you have a contact Rogers at a promotional price this rate increase does not affect you. Because if it did we would be breaking our contract with you and you could walk away from the contract without paying any penalties. But don't worry, we will get you with the price increase in the future."
So how much are the rates going up by? The following services are going up in price. The letter makes it look like just a few cents but we have broken it down for you as a percentage over a year.
- Basic Cable - $28.49 to $29.99 - 5.27%
- Cable Plus Original - $15.49 to $16.49 - 6.45%
- Cable Plus Select - $15.49 to $16.49 - 6.45%
- MeTV Pak - $15.49 to $16.49 - 6.45%
- Cable Plus Combo - $20.49 to $21.49 - 4.88%
- Ultimate - $25.49 to $26.49 - 3.92%
- Extended Basic - $53.98 to $56.48 - 4.63%
- VIP Digital Cable - $61.97 to $64.97 - 4.84%
- Digital VIP Ultimate - $81.95 to $84.95 - 3.66%
- Digital VIP Movies Plus - $87.95 to $92.95 - 5.69%
- Digital VIP Ultimate Plus Movies - $98.95 to $103.95 - 5.05%
- The Movie Network - $14.95 to $16.95 - 13.38%
- Movies Pack - $22.95 to $24.95 - 8.71%
- Ultra Lite - $24.95 to $25.99 - 4.17%
- Lite - $34.95 to $35.99 - 2.98%
- Express - $44.95 to $46.99 - 4.54%
- Extreme - $54.95 to $59.99 - 9.17%